Friday, February 5, 2010

I want to paint my kitten's nails/claws with nail polish, would that be harmful to her?

thats horrible. i would say you shouldnt.I want to paint my kitten's nails/claws with nail polish, would that be harmful to her?
You may want to ask a vet that. I would say.. WTF do you want to do that?I want to paint my kitten's nails/claws with nail polish, would that be harmful to her?
It will be harmful to YOU when she scratches you in the face while you're trying to do it, not to mention that if you do manage to get any polish on she will try to lick it off the first chance she gets and that could make her seriously ill.
I think it would be harmful because cats lick their paws and if the cat ate the nail polish it would definitely make her sick.
If you use human nail polish yes its harmful, but they make nail polish made for cats and dogs
I don't recommend painting your cats nails at all- just seems stupid and can be harmful to it.





Chzbrgr- I have a kitten named Cheeseburger...I don't know why but when I looked at him, I thought of cheeseburgers!
Mostly because the paint could not be dry and your cat could lick it, and that's poisonus. Also, their claws aren't always out, they can put them inside their paw, and that can get on their fur. Again, they can lick it and can get sick.





Some pet groomers have special nail polish for animals that's non-toxic, and you can get it for a cheap price. But I would recommend them doing it, not a inexperienced girl (no offence).





So, talk to your vet first about the non-toxic, then if they say it's fine, go for it. :)
I would agree with whoever put the answer of human nail polish is very dangerous because of the strong chemical smell, but they have made animal nail polish-I'm not exactly for it, but by all means not against it-as long as you use the proper nail polish!!


GOOD LUCK!!
Yes - cats wash their feet and nails - it could be toxic. If you want ';colored'; nails, then use the SoftPaws nail caps on the claws - they come in a few pretty colors.
thats disgusting! why would you do that, the poor kitten. you're basically adding chemicals to her which is harmful, and anyway WHY?! animals should be subjected to human vanity- specially not something which hurts them...

No comments:

Post a Comment