Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Can i paint my xbox controller with nail polish?

i want to paint my xbox controller. I know that you have to take the xbox controller apart to spray paint it but what if you use a brush? will it work if i dip the small brush into paint and just paint over the surface of the controller?Can i paint my xbox controller with nail polish?
This could go a couple of ways. You could do that and it all turn out great if you kinda know what to watch for. You could do that and get a dot connected from your case to the button and the button be stuck. You could do it and it all be streaked.





Or you can drop the 5 bucks on a T8 torx head driver and take it apart and paint it. You can also get a cheap airbrush and whatever color you want from walmart in the model car area for about 20 bucks%26lt;--thats what I suggest you do.Can i paint my xbox controller with nail polish?
I took mine apart (it was already out of warranty and I'm handy with electronics) and painted it using a vinyl dye.





It actually slightly melts the surface of the plastic and gets the colour into it. It's lasted for years, and I've only had slight rub off on the bottom of the controller where I toss it onto the table at night.





The key is light, quick coats. I think I used about 25 coats in all. You can always add another coat, but you can't take one off!
If I could thumb up, or down, I would on this one but I'm still level one and can't. Go with the vinyl dye the other poster suggested; it works great for things like this! Nail polish will probably chip off unless you're never going to touch it!
just take the controller apart and you can spray paint and after it dry sandpaper it idk about nail polish
just go to walmart and but a 3 doller can of krylon

No comments:

Post a Comment