Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why dont my parents let me paint my nail besides clear and im 12?

Because they probably want to keep you safe, and young. Makeup, colored nail polish, etc., draws attention - often negative male attention. They most likely want to protect you from the pervs in the world.





WHy don't you sit down and ask them? Make it clear you respect them, and are simply trying to express yourself, and ask if there can be a compromise? For example ,choosing pale, neutral polish colors, rather than red, etc.Why dont my parents let me paint my nail besides clear and im 12?
Because if they let you, you'll naturally go and painth them every week and that will cause you unhealthy and yellow nails, you don't want that, right?


Also, they don't want you feel ';grown-up'; so early. So, when you're looking from this point-of-view, they are right.


But if you really wanna paint them, just ask them gently but like add that you'll just paint them once a month! And keep your promise! At least for a certain time, then they'll get used to it and they'll let you twice a month three times a month etc...


Anyway, good luck! ;)Why dont my parents let me paint my nail besides clear and im 12?
that's strange. sometimes you never know what parents think. parents can be parents. I know a girl who isn't allowed to wear scented lotion or perfume... so don't feel like your the only one who has restrictions.


I guess maybe they don't want you to have colorful nail polish because they think it might distract you in what you do... I mean, during school when I'm wearing nail polish, I look down at my nails a lot, sometimes it distracts me.


I know that you probably won't, but maybe your parents think that you will be obsessed over your nail polish or something... I mean, my sister is always reapplying nail polish on even when it chips or something.


But don't worry... if you really want to wear colorful nail polish, look up the benefits of colorful nail polish for girls (besides looking pretty)... Google will come up with anything.


Good Luck!


And besides, I heard colorful nail polish has something in it that makes your nails stronger... but I'm not sure.
well, i agree with the other answers, especially the one that says to ask them not us, because theirs no way we can know.


but being 12, they might also be afraid youll paint them weird colors. or do every one a different color.


like when parents are afraid of letting their kids get piercings and stuff.


[mine finally gave in, and now i have snakebites, but i had to talk them into one at a time so they wouldnt have a heart attack. so i got one a couple months before the other haha]





but, nail painting isnt too big of a deal so im not sure.


again, ask them.
wow thts werid.





maybe there scared to let u grow up to fast.


thye prolly did and they dont want the same to happen to u.


alota ppl r like tht.
they dont want u to grow they wany u to be their little girl forever it was the same with my parents but they understood that i wasnt gonna be their little girl forever
ummm how would we know??? mabey there crazy jk lol im jk around o well!!!
ask them not us
  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment