Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Can I use a stencil and nail polish to paint my initials on my car window? Will it be hard to remove?

The stencil will be old english text, and I will probably use white nail polish. Is there a better paint I should use? I dont want to damage the window when I have to take it off.Can I use a stencil and nail polish to paint my initials on my car window? Will it be hard to remove?
You could do it you want if it is not in the line of vision. It would need to be scraped off with a razor blade. Many states have laws against anything on the windows obstructing vision.Can I use a stencil and nail polish to paint my initials on my car window? Will it be hard to remove?
I agree with the above answers, plus you know... polish flakes after awhile. So you should have no problems getting it off later. You will probably spend more time touching it up lol.





oh ok, so someone mentioned that while I was typing. So I agree.
Nail polish isn't paint. If you're going to paint your initials on a car window, it will be easy to remove with a razor blade, so just go find yourself some enamel in the color you want. Model airplane paint might be a good choice.
Can you use it? Yes. Will it be hard to remove? No. Any paint is easy to remove from glass. That's why the pros use an etching tool to etch the VIN number of the car on the windows. Your initials don't mean squat if the car is stolen and stripped. However anyone trying to sell window glass with VIN number etchings is out of luck if he can't produce the title for that VIN.
Nail polish remover will take it off the glass just as easy as it comes off your nails. And besides glass is smooth and a raser blade will scrape it off .
Shouldn't harm the glass BUT don't expect it to last as it will flake off. Removing it should take just a razor blade and glass cleaner. I think a better idea would be a decal that you can affix to the glass and remove when not needed anymore. You can find all kinds of decals for sale.
You can use nail polish but be prepared to have to touch it up every day as it will flake off quite easily.





To get it off your windshield you can use nail polish remover or glass cleaner and it should come off pretty easy.





Be careful that you put it in a place where it cannot obstruct your vision though (as you can get a moving violation if you do). Try the corners of the windshield.....





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment